Sunday 9 May 2010

Inspiration

For the most part my inspiration aesthetically for EMP came from the books that I was reading and from their cover design (700 Penguins)

I wanted the Illustrations to shy away from the traditional representational method and tend towards the basic graphic symbolism that i recognized in many of the penguin book covers I had been looking at as well as referencing the imagery from the illustrated books i associate with my childhood and illustrators like Tomi Ungerer - Flat Stanley was one of my favourite books as a child and Tomi Ungerers illustrations like many other artists will always be subtly and subconciously present in my work.

Aesthetically I think the images that make up my book were successful, they complement each other well and form a coherent whole. However I don't know how well they would fare independently of each other. Ultimately I would like to master the ability to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment